What is it?
Sclerotherapy is the most appropiate for small veins (spider or reticular veins), and it is considered 100% cosmetic.
How it works?
A solution is injected, with the assistance of VeinLite using a micro-needle inside the vein which then collapses and closes. This procedure usually takes about 30 minutes. It should not produce much pain since the needles are minimal.
Sclerotherapy remains the gold standard for treating spider and reticular veins.
- The number of treatment sessions is based on individual need. The average is 2 to 6 sessions.
- Following the procedure, walking and normal activities are encouraged.
- Schlerotherapy is effective only if the source of the vein is identified and treated first.
- All procedures are practiced by highly trained phlebologists.
Before your appointment:
- Bring compression stockings and loose-fitting shorts to your appointment.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. arthritis medication) for seven (7) days before your treatment.
- Do not apply any cream or lotion to your legs.
After your procedure:
- The stockings are to be worn for 24 HOURS without removing them. You will then wear compression stockings for an additional 7 days, removing them only at bedtime.
- You will be able to maintain normal activities.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities such as high-impact aerobics or weightlifting for the first 48 to 72 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure (legs only) for 4 weeks.