What is it?
A minimally invasive procedure used for the removal of larger visible bulging veins.
How it works?
These veins are removed through tiny no-stitch incisions (approximately 1 to 2mm) that leave little to no scars. This procedure is done under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. It usually takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This treatment its used to provide relief to the bigger varicose veins. It also decreases the possibility of varicose veins to reappear after the procedure.
There is minimal discomfort associated with the procedure, wich is resolved within 1 to 2 days. Recovery is fast with no down time. Walking and normal daily activities is the rule. No vigorous exercise for 2 weeks.
Common minor complications includes bruising, tenderness and phlebitis (minor vein swelling). These complications are usually resolved within 2 to 4 weeks without additional treatment. Other major complications include: infection, nerve sensitivity, skin staining and blood clotting.
Before your appointment:
- Bring compression stockings and extra underwear.
- Please, take breakfast or lunch 1 hour before your appointment.
- You can continue taking any medicine as usual. (Do not stop)
- Do not apply any cream or lotion to your legs.
- You will be in the office around 2 hours.
After your procedure:
- The bandages should be removed 24 HOURS after the procedure at home. You will then wear compression stockings for an additional 2 weeks, removing them only at bedtime.
- After the bandaging is removed, you may shower or bathe normally.
- Avoid lifting greater than 15 lbs. for 10 days.
- You may resume vigorous exercise 2 weeks after your procedure.
- It is important to know that you will be able to maintain normal activities after the procedure.
- *We will provide you a consent and instructions form the day of the procedure.