ULTRASOUND GUIDED SCLEROTHERAPY
What is it?
As with regular sclerotherapy, a solution is also injected into the vein. The difference is that this is done with the aid of an ultrasound machine.
How it works?
The sclerosant fluid closes and colapses the damaged vein eliminating the problem. The needles used for the procedure are minimal, therefore the pain is little to none.
This allows the injection of deeper feeding veins beneath the skin that are not otherwise accessible or visible.
Before your appointment:
- Bring compression stockings and loose-fitting shorts to your appointment.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. arthritis medication) for seven (7) days before your treatment.
- Do not apply any cream or lotion to your legs.
After your procedure:
- The stockings are to be worn for 24 HOURS without removing them. You will then wear compression stockings for an additional 7 days, removing them only at bedtime.
- You will be able to maintain normal activities.
- Avoid strenuous physical activities such as high-impact aerobics or weightlifting for the first 48 to 72 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure (legs only) for 4 weeks.