What is it?
Minimally invasive, nonsurgical Treatment with Varithena® does not require any incisions or general anesthesia. It usually takes the doctor less than an hour to administer Varithena®. Patients may resume some activities the same day but should avoid heavy exercise for one week.
How it works?
The doctor administers a small amount of Varithena® through a catheter or by direct injection into the malfunctioning vein. The Varithena® microfoam fills and treats the desired section of the vein. The diseased vein collapses and the microfoam is deactivated. When the malfunctioning vein collapses, blood flow shifts to healthier veins nearby.
Varithena® treats a wide range of varicose veins in the GSV system, including:
- Tortuous (twisted) veins.
- Veins above and below the knee.
- Veins with small, medium, and large diameters.
- Veins previously treated with other methods.
- No incisions.
- No sedation.
- No general anesthesia.
- Patients may resume some activities same day as treatment.